PATH Issues

Sieranski, Greg greg.sieranski at quoininc.com
Wed May 21 16:19:06 UTC 2008

Sieranski, Greg wrote:
> Bill Crawford wrote:
>> 2008/5/21 Sieranski, Greg <greg.sieranski at quoininc.com>:
>>

>>> I tried renaming my .bash_profile to .profile and restarting. But
>>> the same
>>> thing happens, double entries. This just makes no senese.
>>>

>> ... in which case it is already set when you enter that script. Have
>> you logged completely out, and back again?
>>

> yes,  i restarted the machine.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg
I removed the things from path so that it was just PATH=$PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

I logged out and back in

i then added them back and now its
/home/gps/opt/jdk1.6.0_06/bin:/home/gps/opt/hg:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

which is correct. So its seems that if I have my path set to
PATH=${JAVA_HOME}/bin:$HOME/opt/hg:/sbin:$PATH
and then log out or shutdown etc... when I restart it gets loaded twice.
But if I change it after the machine starts up then the PATH is correct