fedora on virtualbox

Patrick Burkard the-dark-eye at web.de
Fri May 23 18:11:35 UTC 2008

On Fri, 23 May 2008 20:39:16 +0200, Mike Wright
<mike.wright at mailinator.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've spent 7 hours so far trying to install fc4/fc6/centos5 onto
> virtualbox on two different machines and in every case the host freezes
> and requires a hard reset.  On the laptop it actually powers off when it
> hits whatever the problem is.
>
> I've no problem installing (gag me) XP.
>
> Has anybody had any success installing fedora or centos onto virtualbox?
>
> If it's not doable I'd like to know so I can look for a different
> solution.  If it is doable I'd appreciate any pointers.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike Wright :m)

I've got a fc8 and a CentOS 5 on a virtual box and have no problems with
it.
Maybe fc4/6 has some driver issues with the box?

But evrything works fine for me.
I use the box from a external HD sometimes on fc9 and sometimes from a
Debian 4 host.

Have you compiled the virtual box by yoursel or do you use the
Distribution packages?

Patrick