Problem with NDISWrapper+BCM43XG

Chris S. Wilson coolcat at coolcatpc.com
Sun May 25 08:47:07 UTC 2008

Hey Everyone, I just upgraded to Fedora Core 9 and..I have a Linksys WMP300N
and I had no problems with CentOS (had it installed last) getting my WMP300n
(BCM43XG Chipset) to work using the Linksys driver. Now it doesn't seem to
show up when I do an ifconfig.

This is what I'm doing:

1)      Installed NDIS wrapper

2)      Ran ndiswrapper -I bcmwl5.inf from the WMP300N driver on Linksys.com

3)      Modprobe ndiswrapper

4)      Ifconfig -a outputs no wlan0, just my Ethernet interfaces that
already existed.

In dmesg I just get:

ndiswrapper version 1.52 loaded (smp=yes, preempt=no)

usbcore: registered new interface driver ndiswrapper

Could anyone point me in a better direction?

Thanks!

Chris