Touchpad on Dell

William Burrows wburrows at redhat.com
Mon May 26 14:18:43 UTC 2008

A-HA!  I don't think the problem is with the synaptics driver.  It's
deeper then that.  When I initially boot up, my dmesg looks normal, but
as soon as I try to use my touchpad, BOOM!, errors start spilling out:

psmouse.c: Failed to reset mouse on isa0060/serio1
input: PS/2 Generic Mouse as /class/input/input13
psmouse.c: Failed to enable mouse on isa0060/serio1
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity
psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - bad parity

I've tried a couple of of kernel options to no avail :(  Some on the
internets think it might be related to the network driver (wlan0
iwl4965).  But there are no solutions that I could find.  Has anybody
heard of a work around?  Thanks