PGP signatures.

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed May 28 16:07:59 UTC 2008

Bill Crawford wrote:
> 2008/5/28 Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.com>:
>
>> What is mean by "name"?  Guess I am clueless to gpg and don't know my
>> way around it (viewing man gpg at the moment) and nto sure what to do
>> for example, when like someone's signature says invalid from evo on an
>> email to the list?
>
> It's usually the email address listed as the "user id" for the key (or subkey).
>
> I find it easiest to do this via kgpg, actually - you just right click
> and choose "Sign keys" from the menu.

While you could use the person's name, you can run into more then
one key for a person, with different email addresses.

For example, I have keys for both my infinity-ltd.com address, and
my old execpc.com email address. I probably should revoke the
execpc.com address, but there are still some RPMs floating around
signed with that key. Besides, I don't remember where I stored the
private key for that one.

Mikkel