Fedora 9 and Security

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 28 23:44:28 UTC 2008

Amadeus W.M. wrote:

> Because if I'm a new user and I want to change, say, from UUID to labels
> (post-installation) I may not know how to do that. You don't suppose new
> users would know better after than before, do you?

You have to think about use cases and think about why non technical
users would want to change any very low level details like this.  If
there are good reasons why fiddling with these are important, higher
tools like say a graphical utility can be written but thinking about why
is always important because the need to change these settings might
point to other things can be done better.

Rahul