F9 and NetworkManager?

Marc Ferguson mferguson at digitalalias.net
Thu May 29 01:53:59 UTC 2008

That's great.  I wish I had your luck.  I tried system-config-network, but
my problem still exists.  My wireless just won't connect to any wireless
network.

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Knute Johnson <linux at www.knutejohnson.com>
wrote:

> Mike Chambers wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 10:07 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> I installed F9 on an old computer that only has 256M of RAM.  I did a
>>> text mode install and it worked fine.  One interesting thing is that if you
>>> do a text mode install, gdm is apparently not installed.  Anyway, when I
>>> start up X, the NetworkManager is running but it doesn't enable my wired
>>> connection.  I've played around with the menus and put in the MAC address
>>> but that had no effect.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple but I need a
>>> hint.
>>>

>> Try running system-config-network and configure your connection there
>> initially, and save.  Just don't start the network service.  Once it's
>> saved (you may need to reboot) you can try restarting/redoing NM to see
>> if it sees it then.  You also need to check the "let NM control it" box
>> as well.
>>

> I don't know why but after doing system-config-network it works fine.  I
> didn't change anything but it works.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>
> Knute Johnson
> linux at www.knutejohnson.com
>
> --

Marc F.

"..Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come.."
-Rev1:4