Howto get an automatic Wifi connection?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 1 00:47:13 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 16:35 -0700, Konstantin Svist wrote:
> More serious, NetworkManager doesn't work in runlevel3 because it
> needs a GUI frontend to manage it. In Fedora 9 (which comes out soon),
> it should work in runlevel 3 without a problem.

I thought I read that you can use it, already, in runlevel 3 to connect.
The GUI allowing you to change how it works, but the system managing to
connect by itself if it can.

Sounds like it's worth an experiment, if you can fire up X temporarily
to get things going once, then see if it just works by itself without X.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.