kde4 usage (add app to panel?)

Florian Sievert floriansievert at phobeus.de
Fri May 2 19:50:53 UTC 2008

Neal Becker schrieb:
> Hi kde4 (f9) testers.  I'm a bit confused about 1 aspect of kde4 desktop.
> On kde3, I have my favorite apps as icons on the bottom panel, so I can
> just click the icon to start them.

KDE 4.0.x lacks currently lots of features and somebody who is using KDE
3.5.x in an productive envroiment, may want to stay there for at least
4.1.x. However, have a look at this nice plasmoid:
http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/QuickLauncher+Applet?content=78061

Should be fairly easy to compile and allows to launch application
without taking to much space in the bar. Might be useful for you?

Best regards,
Florian