drag/drop image from browser to OOo?

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Sat May 3 21:56:02 UTC 2008

Does this work for anyone using Fedora?

For both F8 and F9, using Firefox or Seamonkey, if I drag an image from
the browser onto an OOo Writer or Draw document, all I get is the HTML
text for the image.

 From discussions online, it seems that these same apps running on
Windows or other Linux distributions give more useful results: you get
the image in the OOo document.

The same drag/drop into Gimp loads the image there, and I can copy/paste
from Gimp into OOo. Drag/drop from gthumb into OOo works fine.

Does anyone else get this result? Have I missed a setting somewhere?

TIA

<Joe