sysadmin probs; help needed

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Sun May 4 03:18:18 UTC 2008

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 03 May 2008 20:48:26 -0500
> Tom Poe <tompoe at fngi.net> wrote:
>

>> Well, it's not installed, it was aborted when the install froze.  Maybe
>> I could disable wine, since I don't need it, do I?  I've never used it,
>> that I know of.  Never plan to, either.  Is it difficult to remove wine?
>>

> Unless you gave the mystery software your root password, I don't see how it
> could possibly make any changes to your system configuration.
>
> Unless you specify otherwise, everything user-installed through wine  should be
> located in a directory called .wine (notice the dot) in your home directory.
>
> "yum remove wine" will remove wine completely from your system, but you'll
> still have to delete the ~/.wine directory.
OK.  When I bring up terminal, I can su to root.  The only damage I see,
is the authentication for network/etho0 card now uses tom/password,
instead of root/password, and if I logout of tom, and try to login as
root, the system hangs, until I ctl/alt/bkspce and get back to login screen.

I'll hope it's just a cosmetic snafu.
Thanks, guys,
Tom