Too many mails from mailing list

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Mon May 5 21:53:54 UTC 2008

emynn hwang wrote:
> Thanks for all the suggestions and I'm so sorry for not making a
> response.
not a problem. was curious as to what happened to you.

> Actually I solved my problem after receiving the first mail.
<snip>
> since I haven't seen [solved] in other threads. Next time I'll try to
> be more polite.
a lot of us are guilty of that one. mostly it is a reply in message body.

> Err...I once got about 40 mails a day. And at that time I was not
> using evolution or any other mail client.
i have been with mozilla in one form or other from day one. my first isp
even supplied a set of floppies to install netscape and i am glad they did.

not sure if it was because they were total linux or what, but i have never
regretted starting with netscape.

> Instead I was reading mails on web.
the way of 'users' of which few change.

> And I don't realized the filter can help me. It was really a
<snip>
> post for help)
asking is some times only way to find out.

filters are not that hard to set up. just takes a little time to tweak
to what you want. the more you play with them, the better your filtering
ability gets.

digest are great, but not a good way to get answers in a hurry.

> Ah...last question: I'm a newbie although I was unconsciously to be a
> spammer, and thank you for you mail. Hope to get more helps from you.
this i thought, but figured though i might rib you a little. please excuse
my not adding a 'smilie face' at end of it.

being that a list such as this can be help to spammers, because years back,
i had made a comment about running 'tight filters' and sure as any, got an
off list reply asking what i meant by 'tight filters'.

i did reply and sure enough, i and a few others had spam hitting inbox. his
trick was good, but in reading his header, we knocked him back to spam box.

any way, may all your email be enjoyable reading. ;o) | (o:

- --

tc,hago.

.

without fences, who needs gates.