X config damaged by power failure

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 7 03:52:10 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 22:47 +0000, g wrote:
> fraction of a cycle is worse than half or whole.

Shouldn't make any difference, we're not talking about AC motors, here.
It's AC into a bridge rectifier, giving very rough DC, then into a
switchmode power supply, and nice clean DC out.

Are computer PSUs so scummy, these days, that they only use half wave
rectification in the supply, and not enough capacitance in the filters?

I read messages from the public lists.