Aloowing access to specific samba users

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Wed May 7 19:22:10 UTC 2008

Bob Latham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a bit stuck with Samba shares but I'll bet that's a common
> problem. In System=>Administration=>Samba on the Access tab there appears
> to be the option to "only allow access to specific users".
>
> Is there an obvious reason why I can't seem to add a user at this point?
Bob:

Yes - I hit this too.  With Samba you have to create Samba Users.  These
may be the same as your linux users - but not necessarily so.  If you
are using that System/Admin/Samba GUI there is a separate bit under the
preferences tab for doing that.  Once you have created them you can
check them in the "allow access to..." bit.

Mike