Looking Ahead - Upgrade

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Fri May 9 17:34:26 UTC 2008

Gene Poole wrote:
> In the near future I would like to upgrade my server machine from Fedora 8
> x86_64 to Fedora 9 x86_64. This machine has several key components running,
> including Oracle 10G, Samba, and Apache - Tomcat.
>
> Has anyone any idea what I can expect so I can plan ahead?

Always back stuff up.  Expect it all to go to hell and force a
reinstall.  That's the only truly safe way.

I'm a pessimist, therefore I can't be disappointed.  However, if it goes
well, I'm pleasantly surprised!  Kind of a sour way of looking at
things, but often true (see my .sig below)
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                       rps2 at nerd.com -
- Hosting Consulting, Inc.                                           -
-   The light at the end of the tunnel is really an oncoming train.  -