upgrade from fedora core 6 to 9

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon May 12 04:12:10 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-05-11 at 21:53 -0400, max bianco wrote:
> So what you are trying to tell me is that SELinux is only grudgingly
> accepted?it is considered a necessary evil? That everyone thinks they
> are running the computer equivalent of Superman on their desktop?

I hesitate to further indulge in this thread, so I'll make my comments
very general:

On lists like this one, you hear far more from those with problems
(which, typically, will actually be the minority of users), and those
that just like grumbling about things, than you'll hear from the general
user.

Those that dislike SELinux are among the same sort of users that share
out the entire hard drive, instead of just what needs sharing, for their
own simplicity's sake.  And turn off firewalls, rather than configure
them, because they consider that they get in the way.

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.