Which ext2 mount daemon on XP runs well?

Reik Red reikred at gmail.com
Mon May 12 04:21:32 UTC 2008

This is a bit OT, but I'm having troubles with ext2fsd (ext2 volume
manager) on XP.

It works ok with just reading/writing files from XP onto my ext2/ext3
linux partition,
but I use rsync to back up the linux partition to another one (external
drive).

 From rsync there are seemingly endless error messages about
"disappearing files"
(possibly caused by dangling symlinks), and also some sort of infinite
loop of links
to my home directory. The net effect is that rsync does not work for me.

So: Is there anything I can do about this, or are there any alternatives
to ext2sd (v0.45. latest)
that will solve my problem? Thanks.