need help with installing .tar.gz packages that i've downloaded

Mauriat M mirandam at gmail.com
Mon May 12 17:31:37 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Mauriat M <mirandam at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 10:33 AM, dannylee <no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org> wrote:
>  > hi everybody its me again,
>  >  I've downloaded a .tar.gz package from the internet, and before I downloaded it it said that i only can open it with the archive manager. My problem is; how can i install that package?
>  >  any help please
>  >  -Danny
>  >

>  Can you provide what this package is? Perhaps it is already supported
>  by Fedora, and there may be an easier way to install it.

"It is a lame-3.98b8.tar.gz package, is that helping you??"

Please reply to the list directly.  I believe the Livna repository
already packages lame.
If you install the livna repository, you can run 'yum install lame'.

If you must have that precise version, try googling, for example:
http://www.google.com/search?q=compiling+lame+for+fedora

-Mauriat