Size of applets in gnome-panel, is it changeable?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon May 12 17:47:43 UTC 2008

Can one change the size of things in gnome-panel?  In particular I'd
like to make the Workspace Switcher a little larger.  Changing the
size of the gnome-panel window doesn't change the size of anything in
it as far as I can tell, it just gives space for more applets.

Ah, oops, I've just discovered how to do it!  Resizing gnome-panel by
dragging a corner has no effect (except to increase the size of the
window) but if you open Panel Properties and change the Size in there
then the applets in the panel *do* change size - just what I needed.

However that does raise one more question, how can you open the Panel
Properties when there's no background space to right click on?  I had
to drag the window bigger and then right click on the space I had thus
made, surely there's an easier way?

--
Chris Green