Can one save a desktop layout with Gnome (i.e. a "Session Manager")?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue May 13 09:22:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:29:56AM +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 18:40 +0100, Chris G wrote:
> > Is it possible in Gnome to save a desktop layout and have it restored
> > when you start Gnome again?
>
> Have you played around with your sessions preferences, yet?

No, because I don't use the Gnome window manager at the moment!  :-)

The whole reason for asking the question was to see if the Gnome
window manager can do all the things that my current window manager
(fvwm2) does, or at least if it can do the things that are important
for me.  If it can then I will probably move to using Gnome rather
than fvwm2 as it means I have a more 'default' set-up and getting
answers to questions will be easier as I will be using the same set up
as most other people.

--
Chris Green