Service "named" in f9 - problematic - SOLVED

Mike C mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Wed May 14 18:04:40 UTC 2008

Mike C <mike.cloaked <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Well I checked the bind-chroot package during install but I am now wondering
> whether the fact that SElinux was enforcing perhaps prevented the chroot
> environment working during the setup.  I did switch over to SElinux disabled
> once the F9 system was running and then rebooted but I ought to check that
> bind-chroot has installed properly when I get back to the machine later this
> evening.
>
> I might do yum remove bind-chroot (assuming it did install OK in the first
> place) and then yum install bind-chroot again and then try and configure it.

OK even though I had included bind-chroot in the install it did not get
installed correctly.

By doing:
yum remove bind-chroot
followed by
yum install bind-chroot
the correct set if initial files appeared in /var/named/chroot/etc and
also in /var/named/chroot/var/named

Therefore I conclude that there is a problem with the install process
if bind-chroot is selected among the packages.

Maybe I should put this in as a bz report?