F9 Installation DVD won't boot correctly

Dave Cross davorg at gmail.com
Wed May 14 20:35:12 UTC 2008

I've downloaded and burnt an installation DVD for Fedora 9 it doesn't work.

The system boots to the first screen where I am prompted to press
enter to begin the installation. But it acts as though the keyboard
isn't connected. I can't press enter and therefore can't start the
installation.

This is the third consecutive Fedora release where I've had this
problem. FC6 worked fine, but 7, 8 and 9 have all failed in the same
way. Previously I've used a "yum upgrade" to get round it, but I'd
really like to get to the bottom of this problem.

The laptop is a Philips Freevent X51 which is really a rebadged
Twinhead Notebook 12D.

If anyone can suggest a way to start debugging this issue then I'd be
very grateful.

Cheers,

Dave...