F9 Installation DVD won't boot correctly

jeff emminger jemminger at gmail.com
Wed May 14 22:09:16 UTC 2008

2008/5/14 Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com>:
> Dave Cross wrote:
>>
>> I've downloaded and burnt an installation DVD for Fedora 9 it doesn't
>> work.
>>
>> The system boots to the first screen where I am prompted to press
>> enter to begin the installation. But it acts as though the keyboard
>> isn't connected. I can't press enter and therefore can't start the
>> installation.
>>
>> This is the third consecutive Fedora release where I've had this
>> problem. FC6 worked fine, but 7, 8 and 9 have all failed in the same
>> way. Previously I've used a "yum upgrade" to get round it, but I'd
>> really like to get to the bottom of this problem.

I wonder if this is the same or related to a problem I'm having...
using the Live CD it hangs every time at "Starting setroubleshootd".
I can't even boot FC9 to see if I like it.  FC8  IIRC would boot from
Live CD, but then after installing it would crash during boot.  I'm on
an Athlon XP processor and I've tried Ubuntu and openSuse and they
work properly.