KDE 4...

Uno Engborg uno at webworks.se
Thu May 15 13:53:57 UTC 2008

The sad thing, is that KDE probably is the best interface for most currrent
GNU/Linux users, while Gnome is a
better interface for the 90% or so of the population that doesn't care all
that much about computers and are
happy as long as they can get their work done without having to configure
anything.

So, If it would such to go the Gnome route or not depends on your goals. If
you want Linux in everybodys hand,
and that a hardware developer will not get any sales unless they support
Linux, the Gnome route is preffered.

On the other hand if we want to make an interface that, is good for people
that full want control over their environment
the KDE way is better. But going that way will scare away many potential
users. We have to relize that us, that are
interested enough in computers to write in mailinglists like this is a
minority.