Fedora 9 - applying updates problem - auth_admin_keep_always

David Patrick dkpatrick at earthlink.net
Thu May 15 14:19:50 UTC 2008

I've installed F9 under VMware Fusion on my mac. I am using KDE. When
the update manager reports on updates to be applied I click to apply the
updates. I get the following error message:

org.freedesktop.packagekit.update-system auth_admin_keep_always

Perhaps as an  ancillary problem, when I run Add/Remove software (I am
trying to install Cyrus), I highlight/select the package I want and
click "Install". Nothing happens. With PackageKit I'm not sure what to
expect but I thought it might a) install it (which would be weird since
I may want to select other packages), b) highlight it in some fashion
and display an "apply" button or c) give me an error message. I get nothing.

Any ideas?

--

David Patrick
Phone: 408-867-3281