No sound in F9

Jeffrey Ross jeff at bubble.org
Fri May 16 01:24:31 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Mauriat M wrote:
>> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:20 PM, Rahul Sundaram
>> <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>
>>> If you are talking about lack of sound in Flash based websites, make
>>> sure
>>> you have libflashsupport installed as mentioned in the release notes.
>>>
>>> Rahul
>>
>> I accept that I may have totally missed this but where exactly is
>> 'libflashsupport' mentioned in the Release Notes?
>> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f9/en_US/sn-Desktop.html#sn-Enabling-Flash-Plugin
>>

> Hmm. I was pretty sure, it was added. Not sure what happened but that
> entire seems to have the older content. I have modified the wiki so a
> updated release notes content can go out later. Thanks.
>
> Rahul

I am having problems with flash based audio as well, as in I don't have
any...

first I'm running x86_64....

I did the following....
# rpm -ivh
http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/adobe-release/adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm
# rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux
# mkdir -p /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
# yum install nspluginwrapper.{i386,x86_64} pulseaudio-lib.i386
# yum install flash-plugin
# mozilla-plugin-config -i -g -v

then I found this thread that said I needed libflashsupport so went back
and installed that.

Still no sound.

I did verify that under the menu System -> Preferences ->Hardware -> Sound

I get the wonderful test tone when I choose test, my selections are:

Sound playback is autodetect for everything, default mixer device is
Ensoniq audioPCI (Alsa mixer)

suggestions?  Thanks!

Jeff