Can't boot newly build Fedora 8.

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Fri May 16 13:11:06 UTC 2008

The reboot after the build of the Fedora 8 system hangs at the initial phase.
Removing the "quiet" from the kernel statement reveals that it hangs after
issueing: "Trying to resume from LABEL=SWAP-hdb11" (the double quotes are mine).

Another observation which maybe the real cause of the problem is that /dev/sda
and /dev/sdb seem to have been swapped in the boot process so that sda is hd1
and sdb is hd0.

I hope someone can help me explain what the problem is and hopefully how to
solve it.

Thanks in advance,
--
Erik.