Fedora 9 Everything Spin released

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri May 16 16:39:05 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
> Is this really "everything" or will we have to go to repositories in free
> countries for working media players and best encryption?

Everything that Fedora ships.  Mixing in 3rd party packages, would be
an abuse of the trademark policy and such an image would no longer
quality as being called Fedora.

If you are in the EU, and care about continuing to be 'free' you
should consider making a healthy donation to the ffii.org, to help
fight the latest effort to create a standard set of software patent
laws:
http://press.ffii.org/Press_releases/McCreevy_wants_to_legalise_Software_Patents_via_a_US-EU_patent_treaty

Though it maybe too late for some EU member countries:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/07/patent_crackdown_at_cebit/

-jef