nvidia for F9

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sat May 17 01:47:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, 16 May 2008 03:31:37 -0400
Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there some pressing reason to install a version of Xorg that breaks
> stuff? Someone mentioned that the kernel is to blame as well?? If I
> can't get my nVidia card running full blast, I cannot install F9 as my
> Devel work demands much of libGL. Hopefully Rahul will give us the
> complete skinny. Ric

It's simple really, there is this obsessive behavior that seems to
be common to all earth lifeforms: Somehow writing down a schedule
makes it more important than any reality that might want to intrude :-).

"But the schedule says we cross the river now."

"But we'll drown if we try to cross the river here."

"But the schedule says we cross the river now."

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for the Panasonic DMP-BD50 blu-ray player
to be released, and they keep slipping the date to try and make
everything work. Probably this proves that Panasonic is directly
controlled by space aliens :-).