Fedora 9 on PS3: how to get rid of SELinux

Andrea mariofutire at googlemail.com
Sat May 17 16:07:15 UTC 2008

Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Andrea wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just installed Fedora 9 on the PS3 and it went much better than
>> Fedora 8.
>>
>> How do I get rid of SElinux?
>> I haven't seen any option during installation and
>>
>> system-config-securitylevel (in text mode) does not have the usual
>> option for SElinux.
>> I could change the config file in /etc/selinux but I thought there was
>> a more evoluted way.
>>
> What is the problem with SElinux on the PS3. I'm looking at a cluster of
> PS3 for someone and didn't see a problem in various user reports.

The problem is that the network does not go up 100% of the time.
There is an error message about access denied of some files that has to do with DHCP.
I will post the output of dmesg later on.

When you do

"ifup eth0" instead of done sometimes I get: cannot copy xxxxx: access denied.

That happened since the firs boot.
Mind you, I did a basic installation with very few things installed.

Anyway, I found how to disable it (SElinux I mean).

Andrea