Success !!! FC9 Install EEEpc

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 17 21:57:01 UTC 2008

Instsalled FC9/KDE4 on a 8gb 1gb eeePC .
Install went off with no problems or hitches.
All devices where detected and drivers installed, WITH the exceptions of
, the Wireless wlan0, and Webcam, but Linux drivers are available and
instruction on howto install them are at URL below.
I split the harddrive  in half, for  /  took only 2.1 and 44% space left
over, I plan to remove some more apps. I won't use.
The  /home directory only took up  .3%   92% left open for use,  this is
before anything was moved into   /home/user
I didn't put a "swap" partition on because of the 1gb memory I have.
The URL below shows how to install and setup the drivers, FC9 has the
driver for Eth0 and it auto detect as easy as in FC8.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2j8bn/eeePC-F8.html