A couple of gnomes walk into a bar...

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sat May 17 22:47:34 UTC 2008

...and one asks Do you know what "Clean up by name" could
possibly mean?

It appears to mean "automatically arrange icons" (judging
from experimental evidence :-), but I can't imagine why
the description "Clean up by name" would convey that
idea to anyone.

The other asks "Do you have any idea how to find out the
name of a program invoked by a menu item?"

There doesn't appear to be a "Properties" choice when I right
click on a menu entry. So far, the best way I've found is
to right click, pick "add this to panel", then right click
the new panel item, which *does* have a Properties choice
(then remove the new panel item).