Fedora 9 install troubles - big

Vikram Goyal vikigoyal at gmail.com
Sun May 18 06:10:52 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:34:17PM +0200, Fluffy The Vampire wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Today I decided to install Fedora 9 (64-bit) on my system. It wasn't a good
> experience as it refused to work... Here's my story:
>
> 1) downloaded the 64bit ISO and burnt it to a dvd
<snip>

This seems that grub is not able to find the root directory, which is
/boot to load from as the drives order may be changing from the time
grub was installed during install.

Try booting from the DVD. Is it able to mount the Fedora installation
after detecting it under (I beleive) it is /mnt/sysimage? Which I hope
it would.

It would be helpfull if you can post fdisk -l and /boot/grub/device.map
to advice you reinstalling grub.

Regards!
--
vikram...