Fedora 9 + CIFS issue

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun May 18 07:47:41 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 17:07 -0700, woodson2 wrote:
> I was having the same issue, the problem is how Fedora 9 parses the
> credentials file...What you need to to is open the credentials file in
> a HEX editor and remove the extra entry at the end of the file..

Having to remove an end-of-line character in a configuration file sounds
like a bug to me.  Likewise for things that do the opposite, requiring
an end-of-line character at the end of a configuration file.  The latter
being a bug that I often used to have to deal with.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.15-80.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.