F9 Ignores keyboard?

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200805 at gmail.com
Sun May 18 16:25:28 UTC 2008

"Knute Johnson" <knute at frazmtn.com> writes:
> I finally downloaded the F9 DVD today and when I try to run it, it
> starts fine but I cannot get it to pay attention to the keyboard.  It
> shows the first startup screen and says to press TAB but no key
> effects it.  When it times out it boots OK and Anaconda seems to
> respond to the keyboard.  Anybody else seen this?  Is it old news?

I finally installed F9 on my Tyan S2865 amd64 last night.  As expected
the usb kbd didn't work during the install.  Unexpectedly it also
doesn't work under the installed fedora-9.  I do see a gripe during
booting that something has a hard time enumerating the usb hubs.  That
is no doubt related.

I now have two machines taken out of commission by F9.  This one with
a dead kbd and the machine with the unreadable output on the Matrox
MGA G400 framebuffer.  Grumble.

-wolfgang