Booting Fedora 9 off USB Harddrive

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Sun May 18 19:33:03 UTC 2008

I've got a 30 GB USB HD on which I am attempting to install Fedora 9.
I've got Fedora 8 running on the box's main HD, and I'm just attempting
to take F9 for a test drive before upgrading.  The install goes
smoothly, but when I reboot I get this:

Enter LUKS passphrase for /dev/sdb2:

I enter the passphrase, and then I get this:

Command failed: No key available with this passphrase.

However, if I boot off the install media again, and go into rescue mode,
I am able to mount the encrypted partitions on the USB drive just fine.

So my question is this:  Is it possible to boot off an encrypted
partition on a USB drive?

Thanks
Mike