Fedora-9 minor issue #3

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sun May 18 23:26:03 UTC 2008

On Sunday 18 May 2008 23:39:57 Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Timothy Murphy wrote:
> >> Under Fedora-8, I could right-click on the main K-icon in the panel,
> >> go to Panel Menu=>Add Application to Panel=>Add Non-KDE Application,
> >> and add my own little panel icon to carry out whatever command I chose.
> >>
> >> How can I do this under Fedora-9?
> >
> > Navigate through F/K menu (under Applications or whatever), find your
> > app, right click, Add to Panel/Desktop/Favorites.
>
> Could you spell this out for me, please?
>
> I am actually trying to create a button that runs the command "ssh -Y xyz",
> preferably with an icon of my choice.
> If I go to F=>Computer=>...=>/usr/bin/ and right-click on ssh,
> I am not offered anything like "Add to Panel".

Could you not create a shell script to run your command,

#!/bin/sh
path/to/ssh -Y xyz

Then in Dolphin create a link to that script, IE right click in Dolphin >
Create New > Link to Application, then customise it to suit, Icon, path to
script etc and drag that to the Desktop?

That is what I do for my custom buttons.

Colin
--
Fedora 9 (Sulphur)
Registered Linux user number #342953