Using preupgrade remotely over ssh

Robert J. Berger rberger at ibd.com
Sun May 18 23:58:21 UTC 2008

On May 18, 2008, at 3:47 PM, Neal Becker wrote:

> I done several remote via nx.  You can do the d/l.  You still we
> have to
> walk over to the machine to finish.
>
> Many years ago I admin a bunch of hpux boxes.  One nice thing was I
> could
> update them all completely remotely.

Unfortunately I can't just walk over and finish the install. That's
the whole point of my question. I have to drive 90 minutes to get to
the servers and I don't want to do that. There are boxes (like Sun's)
that have out of band management that allows this, but if preupgrade
had a way to preconfigure the installer or had a way to automatically
start up vnc for the boot process, then it could do it remotely.

Rob