Fedora 9 on PS3: how to get rid of SELinux

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon May 19 00:23:29 UTC 2008

Andrea wrote:
> Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> Andrea wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've just installed Fedora 9 on the PS3 and it went much better than
>>> Fedora 8.
>>>
>>> How do I get rid of SElinux?
>>> I haven't seen any option during installation and
>>>
>>> system-config-securitylevel (in text mode) does not have the usual
>>> option for SElinux.
>>> I could change the config file in /etc/selinux but I thought there
>>> was a more evoluted way.
>>>
>> What is the problem with SElinux on the PS3. I'm looking at a cluster
>> of PS3 for someone and didn't see a problem in various user reports.
>>

> The problem is that the network does not go up 100% of the time.
> There is an error message about access denied of some files that has to
> do with DHCP.
> I will post the output of dmesg later on.
>
> When you do
>
> "ifup eth0" instead of done sometimes I get: cannot copy xxxxx: access
> denied.

Sounds like labeling or a little rule tweaking. For a cluster with long
up time I don't really care if network startup goes in rc.local and take
s ten minutes, don't think there's any plan to take these down until
they doe or are obsolete. ;-)

Thanks for the info.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>