Audio Problems

Anders Karlsson anders at trudheim.co.uk
Mon May 19 09:05:43 UTC 2008

* Damian Myerscough <Damian.Myerscough at fujitsu-siemens.com> [20080519 08:37]:
> Hello,
>
> I have a "Realtek ALC262" sound card in a Fujitsu Siemens Computers
> ESPRIMO E5625 machine. The card is not detected thus not playing any
> sound, has anyone else encountered any problems with the "Realtek
> ALC262" sound card?
>
> I also checked the Realtek website and they do not provide a driver for
> this card under Linux.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated

Hi there,

A quick look through http://www.alsa-project.org/ and some googling
shows that this sound chip seems to appear in quite a lot of alsa
sound drivers. (Search for hda-codec-realtek .)

Thinking about it, lspci (-v, -vvv & -n) output to narrow down what
possible driver it would be to use might help as well. For example, is
the E5625 an ICH10 based system?

Thanks!

--
Anders Karlsson <anders at trudheim.co.uk>