Build Nvidia driver for Fedora 9, AMD?

Erich Zigler ezigler at gmail.com
Mon May 19 14:38:21 UTC 2008

I disagree with you on one key point. Nvidia works on Linux it is not
distro specific. Using nvidia binary drivers was broken by Fedora not
the other way around.

As in ATI vs Nvidia I can't comment. I have not used ATI in 5 years now

Nvidia does not dictate what distro I use. I do based on my
requirements. For example this weekend I had to rebuild my wife's
computer which was running Fedora 6. She uses her computer for Email,
web browsing and World of Warcraft. Following these simple
requirements I was not able to load Fedora 9 on her machine. I loaded
Ubuntu 8.04 and after two days of use I asked my wife if she noticed
any substantial differences. She said no.

To a normal user GNOME is GNOME, KDE is KDE, etc. the only real
differences between the distros now is how packages are distributed.
But I digress.

Linux is all about choice and choosing the right tool for the job.