KDE 4: How to remove the wallpaper.

Donald Reader fc-list at reader.ws
Mon May 19 15:39:17 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 15:30 -0400, Jim wrote:
> Andrea wrote:
> > I have a very basic question:
> >
> > I cannot find where to remove the background image in KDE 4.
> >
> > If I do right click on the desktop and the select "configure desktop",
> >
> > I have:
> >
> > wallpaper image, (no image/file selected), the preview is gray but
> > still on the desktop I have a sort of blue see/sky with a lot of
> > circles and stars/rays.
> >
> > where can I remove it?
> >
> > I must be blind but I have not found anything..... please.
> >
> > Andrea
> >
> I second that.
> I tryed to "Configure Desktop" and put a picture from my /home directory
> onto background and it won't let me.

I had the same issue. I tried to get an image into the list to
pick and it did not show up. I then either did a reboot or restarted
xserver and then went to try again and noticed a numerous amount of the
same image in the drop down listing and was able to choose one of them
for my desktop background. Not sure why they never showed up when I
first tried to get it noticed.

Hope this helps
Donald Reader