Any progress on FC9 flash sound issue?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon May 19 15:50:30 UTC 2008

I have replicated the "no sound" issues with two other machines, which
seems to reduce the probability of odd hardware somewhat. I install the
latest firefox and seamonkey, add flash from the adobe repository, and
go to youtube. It works. Then I go to either mlb.com or cnn.com and try
to play a clip there. It works, but no sound. Then I go back to youtube
and no sound there, either.

Lots of others asking about sound issues, is there a fix other than
rollback? I get the problem on a business site for training video, which
is how I found it originally. They would rather not have me give out
their URL, but I see it elsewhere.

Related note, the "play" app still works for wav files, and PulseAudio
always picks the video capture card, if present, as the output
soundcard. Since there is no sound in documented or physically visible,
this is a bit of a mystery. Happens with two no-name sound cards and an
ATI HDTV-Wonder (all BT based, if that helps). Removing the card doesn't
make sound work, tried that.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>