DHS Open Source Hardening Project

McGuffey, David C. DAVID.C.MCGUFFEY at saic.com
Mon May 19 18:13:05 UTC 2008

I understand that DHS is funding an effort to use commercial tools to
find bugs in open source software.  I guess the official name is
Vulnerability Discovery and Remediation, Open Source Hardening Project,
but the common handle seems to be simply Open Source Hardening Project.

There was an interesting article at ZDnet...some pros and some cons:
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6025579.html

Question...is the Fedora development community benefiting from this
effort?

Dave McGuffey
Principal Information System Security Engineer // NSA-IEM, NSA-IAM
SAIC, IISBU, Columbia, MD