Java

Knute Johnson linux at www.knutejohnson.com
Mon May 19 21:41:33 UTC 2008

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> Anyone know what the trick is to getting java applets to work under fc8
> or 9?
> I have two workstations that wont function for some online training
> needing java.
>

> I have installed suns jre and went to javatester and everything appears
> ok except for the
>
> ability for applets to run?
>

> Thanks!
> jlc

To setup Sun's Java on F8, see my web article;

http://rabbitbrush.frazmtn.com/sun-java-on-F8.html

I haven't done a clean install of F9 yet to test the procedure for it.
I did do an upgrade on my laptop and Java functioned fine but I did not
set up the OpenJDK for use with the alternatives.  As soon as I have
some time to play with it I will.

--

Knute Johnson
linux at www.knutejohnson.com