skype repository for fedora 9

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Tue May 20 01:09:50 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 19 May 2008 19:29, Brian Mury wrote:
>> On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 14:49 +0200, wwp wrote:
>>> Can't ask a guy whose contacts are on skype to use ekiga to
>>> contact them (it's common in companies that the communication protocol
>>> is imposed whatever it's silly or not).
>> Even if it's not imposehttp://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Main_Paged by a
> company - if everyone I want to talk to is
>> using Skype, Ekiga won't be of much use to me.
>>
>> Are there any SkypeOut/SkypeIn type services I can use with Ekiga to
>> make/receive calls to/from regular phones?
>
> You can make and receive calls to 'regular phones', as far as I can remember.
> I haven't used it for a long time.  Try
> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Main_Page
>
> Anne

the latest issue of the 2600 the Hacker Quarterly had a whole bit on
voip and free gateways and such. I can't find it now because i have
stuff everywhere, i am in the middle of moving, but if there is a barnes
and noble nearby they have it on the shelf.

Max

--
On the eighth day he said "There shall be no rest for the weary."

On the ninth day he farted, and it smelled like sulphur.