DHS Open Source Hardening Project

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue May 20 07:28:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 14:13:05 -0400,
  "McGuffey, David C." <DAVID.C.MCGUFFEY at saic.com> wrote:
> I understand that DHS is funding an effort to use commercial tools to
> find bugs in open source software.  I guess the official name is
> Vulnerability Discovery and Remediation, Open Source Hardening Project,
> but the common handle seems to be simply Open Source Hardening Project.
>
> There was an interesting article at ZDnet...some pros and some cons:
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6025579.html
>
> Question...is the Fedora development community benefiting from this
> effort?

I wouldn't expect there to be direct visibility to Fedora as that kind
of work is going to be upstream of Fedora. I am aware of Coverity providing
information (though I am not sure if it was funded by DHS, it may have
been part of their marketing strategy) for some projects that have code
in Fedora (e.g. Postgres).