Java

Chris Bredesen cbredesen at redhat.com
Tue May 20 14:12:39 UTC 2008

Lillian Angel wrote:
> Knute Johnson wrote:
>> I haven't done a clean install of F9 yet to test the procedure for it.
>> I did do an upgrade on my laptop and Java functioned fine but I did
>> not set up the OpenJDK for use with the alternatives.  As soon as I
>> have some time to play with it I will.
>
> The alternatives for OpenJDK's browser plugin should be set up
> automatically by default on F9.

This was not the case on my system.  I did a preupgrade upgrade from F8
to F9.  OpenJDK is installed, but does not show up as an alternative for
'java':

There are 3 programs which provide 'java'.

   Selection    Command
*+ 1           /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-sun/bin/java
    2           /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.5.0-gcj/bin/java
    3           /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.5.0-sun/bin/java

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris