Live USB creation - FROM Live CD ?

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Tue May 20 16:22:54 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Antonio Olivares
<olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> There exists a script called livecd 2 usb or something
> like that.  You need to look for it.
>
> livecd-iso-to-disk ??
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/LiveCDHowTo

If I understand correctly, I think what Valent is asking is can you
boot to a LiveCD and run
/usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk /path/to/live.iso /dev/sdb1
in that environment, pointing /path/to/live.iso to the running LiveCD
itself. I was wondering the same thing but I don't think it is
possible quite yet.

One option is to have a LiveCD.iso present on some partition that is
accessible once the LiveCD is booted (another USB stick perhaps since
the one you are installing to can't be mounted) and do it that way.

It would be kind of cool if there was a simple means of doing this
right from the LiveCD while booted into it instead of having a
separate ISO file ... maybe allowing the /path/to/live.iso to be
/path/to/device/where/liveCD/is/mounted ?

/Mike