Old small nit with anaconda

Beartooth Sciurivore beartooth at swva.net
Tue May 20 19:18:35 UTC 2008

	With F9, as with the last couple of previous releases (but, iirc,
not way back), if I tell it to upgrade an existing install, that's the
last thing it asks me. I get no chance to tinker with anything else that
may be installed -- for instance by deep-sixing it in favor of Fedora.

	It happens that I've wanted to do exactly that, more than once,
and want to again now; but I have to guess how. Unless I do a tedious and
needless fresh install followed by even longer and more tedious recopying
of backups onto it.

	If, when the upgrade finishes, I use gparted or qtparted to wipe
off the other installed OSs -- say by simply deleting the partitions
they're on -- will it then be a simple matter to expand F9 onto the whole
hard drive??

	Or am I going to stub my nose and chin smack against umpteen
gotchas if I try that??

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
C5; D4; F8 & 9; P3; U7.10; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3